Would your class love an adventure involving lots of mud and water? Look no further! Birch Hall Adventures are holding their third annual Adventure Run this December. Our intent is always to create a space for fun exercise and a chance for kids to embrace the outdoors. Therefore we are opening our fields again and giving pupils in Year 5 and 6 the opportunity to journey through an epic race dotted with obstacles. The course is approximately 2.5km and there will be an obstacle around every 250m. Pupils will compete in pairs made up of a boy and girl. (For example a year 5 boy and a Year 6 girl.) Some of the obstacles will require the duo to work as a team, and it’s anticipated that a pair will take 20-30 minutes to complete the course.. The quicker the team complete the adventure, the greater the chance of qualifying for the finals.
The fastest competitors from the weekday events (4-7th of December at 10am and 1pm) will be invited back with their families for our epic Finals Event on Saturday 9th December at 10am. Following the Finals Event there will be an opportunity for siblings (2.5km) and adults race (5km).
Eligibility & Terms
- Our event is open to Year 5 and 6’s.
- Teams are to be composed of a boy and girl.
- £5 entry fee per a pair.
- Schools may enter as many pairs as they’d like.
- If a school would like to enter a complete class, please contact the centre for available dates.
- Hot showers & drinks are available afterwards.
- A briefing takes place at 9:30am and 12:30pm.
- Race starts are staggered and final positions will be confirmed at the end of the event.
- Marshalls will be present at each obstacle to assist and encourage if necessary.
- First aid will be available on site.
- Emergency pupil contact details to be brought by organising teacher.
- Entry forms (adventurerun-entryform) must reach Birch Hall Adventures by Friday 25th November and can be submitted by email. Entry fees can be posted or collected on the day. BACS details can be provided if required.
We really hope you can join us, and be a part of such an exciting local event!